Court Administrator and Supreme Court spokesman Jose Midas Marquez on Thursday branded as an exaggeration the speculation that the Maguindanao Massacre could be resolved after 55 years.
“Hindi naman seguro. Baka exaggeration yon,” said Marquez, when interviewed by newsmen while leading the SC’s “Justice on Wheels” that arrived in Pangasinan Thursday. 24).
A nationwide indignation rally was held Wednesday, marking the second anniversary of the Maguindanao Massacre, criticizing that nothing had been accomplished for the past two years since the massacre and that justice was still very very far away for the victims and their relatives.
“We must understand that the Maguindanao Massacre is not a simple case because of the number of accused and the number of victims,” Marquez said, responding to the charge that justice grinds slowly in this particular case.
He said on the part of the victims, there was a need to put to the witness stand their relatives to know from them how much damages they were asking.